Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Alvin Band - "Tijuana"

This song is off of the incredible, "Mantis Preying" album.

I know, I just did an Alvin Band post only a few weeks ago...so I won't go into detail. It's just, since first spinning the album it has been sticking to my ribs like a hearty Thanksgiving meal. I feel it long after it's over.
(Similar to the way Yeasayer made me feel with "Sunrise" or Fool's Gold with "Surprise Hotel".)

Except this is more...Animal Collective meets The Flaming Lips IMO.

Either way, here's the track TIJUANA.

Couldn't find it anywhere so decided to bring the heat myself...its great.







1 comment:

  1. Tijuana is actually off of the album Lady Portrait and was remastered for the Lady Portrait EP which came with Mantis Preying. It is an awesome song though. He has another album coming out 'soon' called Rainbow Road. It's primarily about Nintendo and it is not a vocal composition but he still uses vocals a lot, like on Lady Portrait.

    Here is the opening track from Rainbow Road played live. It sounds pretty similar to the recorded version since there's so many samples.
    http://vimeo.com/23819625

    ReplyDelete