Friday, June 12, 2009

Band I Didn't Know Until Yesterday: Cat Empire

A majority of my friends are music addicts. I mean it would only make sense since such a large part of my life is devoted to listening and playing music.

However tastes can certainly differ and no one is better than the other...so I am always open to new artists and acts.

Yesterday, a buddy of mine Dan mentioned he got tix to some band, "Cat Empire"...for DECEMBER! I mean, I purchase festival tickets, phish tix, and The Dead tix that far in advance...who could this band be that even they're doing it?

Turns out, they are an band from "down under" who've made quite the splash on their own continent and clearly are making headway on the rest.

Their mix of jazz, latin sounds, rock, ska, and pop are all equally attractive and their music just reeks of Summer, barbecues, and dancing until you fall down. To my surprise, not one guitar in the band...even more reason to be wondering how it sounds so good as you pick your jaw up off the floor.

Check out this live version of their song "Sly" and I recommend you dig further into their catalog...I know I will be for the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment