Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Throw It Back Wednesday "Lucas With The Lid Off"

I'm sitting on the train coming into work this morning when this big rasta dude gets on the train a few stops later.

At the time I have 'Mike and Mike in the Morning' pumping in my ears doing a Two A Day for the JETS. That's my team...you'd think I'd be listening attentively.

Nope...I take one look at the rasta dude and start thinking to myself, "Funk-a-fomedy-risty-fomedy-own". Over and over to the point where I'm sitting alone and laughing to myself.

Of course...that lyric, though 99.9% NOT what he's actually saying in the song, is from the 1994 classic, "Lucas With The Lid Off" which received an extreme amount of playtime on MTV. According to the Wikipedia entry for the artist, Lucas, the video is actually done by the acclaimed Michael Gondry. The same guy who has done countless other excellent music videos and furthermore directed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

I remember buying this single as soon as I heard it. That cassette still exists in my room somewhere. Hmmm...



Anyone know what the hell the lyrics actually are?

best I can do so far:

"Wha-da-ba-da-ba-da-up...(I feeel)"
"Funky fomedy wristy fomedy own...(yeeaaaaah)"

No comments:

Post a Comment