Friday, September 11, 2009

Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players Still Do It For Me

I can remember back in college when I first saw the video for the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players' "Mountain Trip" (below).

Instantly hooked...musical crack.



Just watch the video first...go ahead...look up and click play...then come back. I'll wait.

OK, now tell me "Mountain Trip to old Japan" is not STUCK in your head permanently. Enjoy singing it to your coworkers and friends this afternoon.

Anyways, yeah I became enthralled in the zany world of the Slideshow Players and their concept of creating songs based off of old slides they found at garage and estate sales.

From their wikipedia page:

Their trademark is the slideshow itself: slides collected from "estate sales, garage sales, thrift stores, etc." are constantly shown in order to "turn the lives of annonymous [sic] strangers into pop-rock musical expos[é]s based on the contents of these slide collections". The band sings about things that occurred in the places shown in the slides...


Their wikipedia page is terribly outdated though and I don't see any mention of the Slideshow Players together since 2006. I hope someone can get these guys back on their high horse...they're an extremely bizarre but lovable act.

No comments:

Post a Comment