Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Top 'Best of the Decade' Lists

The end of the year always brings about "Top Album" and "Top Track" lists. Counting down the artists and the songs that were stuck in our head for 12 months. (Or if you're tastes are like mine, I remember my favorite tracks of 2008 cropped up late, November-ish.)

As we approach the end of 2009 however, the lists become extra epic. No longer "Best of the Year" but now... "BEST OF THE DECADE"

While many albums or songs are no-brainers, you will often find a few good surprises in the lists.

That said, I don't have the time, energy, or power to write one up myself. I'd make a list of my favorites only to be torn a new one by friends and readers for, "Not including MY favorite album!"

So without further ado, here are the best of the best from what's out there so far. These are the big names in music blogging/reporting. I will work to keep this update continually until the end of the year. So if you happen to have a list you would like added, please comment or shoot me an email!

I encourage you to dig deep into these, don't just see who they chose as #1. See who they chose as say, #23 and give them a spin! I mean, you are reading this post...I know you have nothing better to do.

Music
Books

No comments:

Post a Comment