Friday, November 13, 2009

Top 5 TV Theme Songs of Right Now!

Too often we see Top 5 or Top 10 lists of the best TV Theme Songs of all time. They're great and often bring about a sense of nostalgia. Albeit to say that a TV's theme song is the 'best of the best' it is important to choose a generation.

Dick Van Dyke or Mary Tyler Moore certainly have their place in the hall of fame.
Just the same, the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire and Family Matters deserve to be hanging right beside them. Certainly these top TV theme songs are generational.

So today, I bring you, the Top 5 TV Theme songs on television RIGHT NOW! You can still turn on the TV after work and catch these theme songs as they play on a debut episode of the series.

Without further ado...the list...

5. Good Eats
(Food Network - M-T, 8pm EST)
I'm not sure if I love the simplicity of this song or just seeing Alton Brown's face. But after quite an extended number of seasons, I still get a joyous feeling when I hear this song. It just makes you happy.


4.30 Rock
(Comedy Central - M-T, 11pm EST)
The theme to 30 Rock is as quirky as the show itself. It's just enough to get you ready for the episode and quickly introduces the cast. Again, it's simple but works and is quite memorable.


3. The Office
(NBC - Thursdays at 9pm EST)
It's tough to take down the office. It's had a catchy theme song for many seasons now and the devoted fan base has covered it a thousand different ways which you can find on YouTube. It's still a classic.


2. Always Sunny In Philadelphia
(FX - Thursdays at 10pm EST)
God I love this show...you get that first bit of funny...then the name of the episode...and BAM! You're hit with this theme which to me, is very Married With Children-esque. You hear the song and instantly relate it to the show.


1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
(HBO - Sundays at 9pm EST)
I'm sure this wasn't any secret. Quite possibly the best show CURRENTLY on television.


Honorable Mention: Of course I wanted to include The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Southpark...but they were too obvious. They've been around for so long now that I'm almost annoyed when I hear them. Same goes for the Survivor Theme Song(s). There's been some 20+ seasons of that show and they all maintain the same dramatic chanting/tribal vibe.

Worst Theme Award:
I had to include something for this category...and we have a clear winner.

Dog The Bounty Hunter
(A&E - Wednesday at 9pm EST)
"I'm the dog...the big bad dog."
...'nuff said...

No comments:

Post a Comment