Monday, July 6, 2009

End The Day On A High Note: "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport"

For anyone with a case of the Monday's this should put a smile on your face :)

Found this gem on an old CD my co-worker Bruce gave me.
It was a disc full of MP3's with a simple word on the front of it in sharpie:

OLDIES

Had to check it out...and this song jumped out at me. Not simply because of the bizarre lyrics, but because of the names he was dropping. Sure enough, this track is by Australian/British musician Rolf Harris and features the backing vocals/instruments of none other than, The Beatles.

There's plenty of info about it on Wikipedia to wet your palette, but I'll provide you with the lyrics that drew my attention and of course the song itself. Sounds like they are truly having a blast recording this one.

"Cut yer hair once a year boys, (repeat), If it covers your ears you can't hear boys, so (repeat first line)."
"Don't ill-treat me pet dingo, Ringo, (repeat). He can't understand your lingo, Ringo, so (repeat first line)."
"George’s guitar's on the blink, I think, (repeat), It shouldn't go plinkety plink, no, (repeat first line)."
"Prop me up by the wall, Paul, (repeat), 'Cause if you don't I might fall, Paul, so (repeat first line)."
"Keep the hits coming on, John, (repeat), 'Til long long after I've gone, John, just (repeat first line)."


No comments:

Post a Comment