Monday, July 6, 2009

What Matters Mondays: Apollo Sunshine - "Money"

Something just feels awry with the state of the world at this moment in time, in the year 2009. Surrounded by death, destruction, war, and politics...it's easy to get lost and forget what is important.

I'm currently in the search for a job. It's got me down quite a bit. Stressed is probably a good word to sum it up. Combine that with the aforementioned state of planet Earth and you can really start to lose focus of what matters.

Recently I've been trying to put everything back into perspective. Focusing on who and what will matter in the long term. While yes, a job/career is a big stepping stone on the path to overall happiness, I'm not going to let that decide my actions in the present. No more spending a weekend tweaking my resume or turning down lunch with Mom for a spur of the moment interview.

This song came on during my usual morning jaunt to catch the train into work. It pretty much re-instilled my recent realization. I hope it motivates you to focus on what really matters around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment