Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial Service @ The Staples Center

I happened to take a quick lunch break during the MJ memorial services with a co-worker of mine and wanted to stop off at Times Square to see if there was anything going on. I knew Harlem had a gathering and much to my chagrin, so did Times Square.

That's when I heard my coworker screaming at me to look up...and when I did...I saw this:




Yes, that is me. The only time I will share a stage with Stevie and I couldn't be happier about the occasion. To celebrate the life of Michael Jackson.

(Here's a link to the official YouTube video, though I expect it to be gone soon since its a direct copy of the CNN broadcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ-XHsokvgc - I pop in around the 3:50 mark)

It's funny, because the co-worker I was with is French. The only thing he kept reiterating was that there will never be another global superstar like Michael again. No truer words have ever been spoken and I'm happy that he is seen that way around the world as well.

R.I.P. MJ...Legend Never Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment