Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kid Cudi - "Make Her Say"

I'm still hesitant to give in to a lot of new hip hop these days.
Hell I was WAAY past my prime on Weezy, whos Carter III I just now put on my ipod.

So when I heard some friends talking about Kid Cudi I jumped right on it, but didn't expect much. "Day n Nite" was all over the place, one hit wonder I figured.
I downloaded his debut mixtape, "A Kid Named Cudi" (Still available for free DL) and gave it a spin. "Solid stuff.", I thought to myself, but wasn't going to go around touting him until he dropped something official.

Sure enough, Cudi announced his debut studio album, "Man on the Moon: The End of Day" for release in August and my golly gee whiz if it doesn't feature some of the biggest names on...every music scene. Everyone from Kanye, to MGMT, to Ratatat (whom I talk up a lot on this blog) make an appearance on the album.

Just found this video for the song, "Make Her Say" which also includes the likes of Kanye West and common. Not only is it a good song, but the video is very impressive. See what you think. Next big thing? Guess we'll have to wait until August...

No comments:

Post a Comment