Thursday, July 16, 2009

Joanna Newsom - "Peach, Plum, Pear"

Made friends with my neighbor who lives in apartment 3F.

We were chilling, when outta nowhere she jumped up and told me I had to check out this video by Joanna Newsom. I had heard the name before, but never any of her music so I really didn't know what to expect. (Especially since I just met my neighbor only 30 minutes earlier)

Here's what she played:



"WOW!" was all I could muster up. This chick has got Talent with a capital T. To write music like that, play it on the harp, and sing it with a voice that sounds like equal parts nails on a chalkboard/cat screeching at night...and yet it sounds this beautiful is amazing.

What's your take? Voice of an angel? I feel like either you love it or you hate it, there's no in between, so lemme know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I love Joanna Newsom, her voice is so different but amazing. And funny enough it was Peach, Plum,Pear that got me hooked to Newsom. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. my judgment might be off but it looks to me like this person needs help

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha the very fact that you keep coming back for more Mi means shes got that special SOMETHING, whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete